Welcome to a world full of sun spots! It's about Love, Life, Fairy Tales, Useless Things and a little bit philosophical Thoughts. And 2009 it's a lot about Sydney and Australia.
PS: Here are also some english posts with the label "
please in english". Find out that life is really a box of chocolates!

Thursday, February 11, 2010

My world, their world



I was two times in a photo exhibition in Sydney last year. The first time I was allone and spent a long , intensive time there. The second time I was with my class. So I was relaxed and walked around to look at the visitors. Naturally it was good for me to know the visitors quite well.

The exhibition was about the best press photographers 2008/ 2009. The most photos showed glimpses of war and violence. That was the year 2008? Is this our century? Terrible.

Here you can see the best pictures of the exihibition:
>world press photos 2009<

One photo has touched and shocked me the most. My heart stopped beating. It's the brazilian woman who protect her child against a whole armee. This is what mothers do. Alright. But why mothers are have to do something like that in a world like these?

2 comments:

Carmen Goetschius said...

Amazing photos! I saw the 2008 World Press Photos at an exhibit in Maputo, Mozambique when I was traveling about 1.5 years ago! Thanks for sharing!

SOe said...

Die Fotos hängen auch bei uns im Einkaufszentrum regelmäßig einmal im Jahr. Viele von ihnen geben Einem wirklich zu denken - und besonders wenn man gerade in so einem Konsumtempel unterwegs ist.