Welcome to a world full of sun spots! It's about Love, Life, Fairy Tales, Useless Things and a little bit philosophical Thoughts. And 2009 it's a lot about Sydney and Australia.
PS: Here are also some english posts with the label "
please in english". Find out that life is really a box of chocolates!

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Attention as a detergent

Sometimes I wonder if everything is manipulation. It could be that a conversation is already manipulation. What we say and how we do it and how much we tell pursued automatically a target, isn't it? Maybe only our spontanious gestures and words are pure. (I think also our behavior when we are drunk.) I'm really scared about this. Not because of the others, but rather because of me.
I think it is worth to appreciate more and to find out how the mind can be cleaned. I'm sure if it's almost pure, you can approach your soul. But at first you have to pay close attention to yourself.

3 comments:

SOe said...

This is one reason why I NEVER get drunk!

Carmen Goetschius said...

I love this idea-- attention as detergent.

I am not sure that everything is manipulation. I think everything is desire. Spoken or unspoken desire. I think desire is usually a good thing. It is only when we are dishonest about desire do our actions creep into manipulation.

Just a thought. I could be wrong, here!!! :-)

sunSAYler said...

Carmen: you're absolutely right. That's it! I'm really glad about your thought. Sure, the dishonesty comes to manipulation. And the point is the dishonesty to yourself. (my first thought was desire can also be negative, because it's a selfish thing, as well. However, it's a good thing, if you are honest to yourself -and automatically to the others. So you're pure, though you want something :-)